It is a great pleasure and privilege that the Organizing Committees of the 18th International Conference on Luminescence invite the worldwide community of luminescence research to participate of the ICL 2017. The conference will be held at the Poeta Ronaldo Cunha Lima Convention Center in João Pessoa, Paraíba State- Brazil, from August 27th to September 1st 2017.
The conference covers the most relevant aspects and the state-of-the-art of luminescence phenomena in all classes of materials, including inorganic, organic and hybrids, bulk, nano and micro structured, insulators and semiconductors, crystalline and amorphous materials. Hitherto the ICL conference has been well organized in different countries in the North Hemisphere of the world: Budapest (Hungary, 1966), Delaware (USA, 1968), Saint Petersburg (Russia, 1972), Tokyo (Japan, 1975), Paris (France, 1978), Berlin (Germany, 1981), Madison (USA, 1984), Beijing (China, 1987), Lisbon (Portugal, 1990), Storrs (USA, 1993), Prague (Czech Republic, 1996), Osaka (Japan, 1999), Budapest (Hungary, 2002), Beijing (China, 2005), Lyon (France, 2008), Ann Arbor (USA, 2011) and Wroclaw (Poland, 2014).
It is the first time that ICL will be hosted in the South Hemisphere and João Pessoa-Brazil is definitely ready to continue this prestigious tradition. João Pessoa is considered one of the most beautiful towns in Brazil. It is located in the Northeast of Brazil, in the easternmost point of Americas, being known as the city where the Sun rises first. Its 40 km of tropical beaches with warm seawater (~26 °C) makes the tourism one of João Pessoa’s chief economic activities. Besides, it is considered “the second greenest in the world” with more than seven square kilometers of forested land. The city is characterized by the juxtaposition of tropical beaches, modern architecture and historic buildings from colonial periods, like the Baroque style Saint Francis Church (1589) and Saint Anthony Convent (1779).
Finally, we wish you a nice time during ICL 2017 in João Pessoa city.
- d AND f ELEMENTS BASED LUMINESCENT MATERIALS
- THEORETICAL AND COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR LUMINESCENCE PHENOMENA
- SEMICONDUCTORS, POLYMER AND NANOCOMPOSITES FOR PHOTONIC APPLICATIONS
- CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL SENSORS BASED ON LUMINESCENT MATERIALS
- OPTICAL FIBERS, FIBER LASERS, FIBER AMPLIFIERS AND LASER MICROMACHINING
- ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION DETECTORS/CONVERTERS AND SCINTILLATORS
- ELECTRO, THERMO, MECHANO, CHEMI AND BIOLUMINESCENCE MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- ENERGY CONSERVATION, STORAGE SYSTEMS, UPCONVERSION AND PERSISTENT LUMINESCENCE MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- LUMINESCENT MATERIALS FOR BIOIMAGING, DIAGNOSTIC AND THERANOSTIC
- PHOSPHOR MATERIALS FOR LIGHTING
Preliminary list of Confirmed Speakers